Fruit Tree Project
Fruit Tree Project is now under new stewardship!
We are happy to announce that the Fruit Tree Project is under new stewardship after being put on hold for a year. We are excited that Brickers Cider will be taking over coordination of this wonderful community Project! Please visit www.brickerscider.com in the near future for full details from them, they have some exciting ideas in store for the 2019 year.
Register Your Tree
Whether you have excess fruit or just want more info on tree care and fruit preservation, registering your tree with us will get you the support you need.
Fruit Tree Project activities generally take place between June and October, although (of course) we pick according to season.
We serve the Sunshine Coast from Gibsons to Pender Harbour.
How we help you:
- Get help picking your fruit–it can be a BIG job, we know!
- Pruning courses for you and our volunteers
- Pruning and healthy tree maintenance services
How you help the community:
- Donate unused fruit to community organizations
- Mitigate the risks of wildlife (bears, anyone?!)
- Provide fresh, healthy, local food resource for people in need
- Create a means to exchange wisdom around fruit tree care
- Reinforce community connections around food
Join the Harvest
Volunteering with us might mean going home with a basket of apples for a weekend of apple pie-making, or it could mean leading picks throughout the season. Let us know what you’re interested in and we’ll connect you with people and fruit!
Ways to help us:
- Pick fruit!
- Organize picks
- Post on social media
- Process harvested fruit
How we help you:
- Get practice picking fruit
- Exchange recipes and preservation ideas
- Take home lots of fruit to share and process
- Meet like-minded people
- Learn to care for fruit trees