Join the One Straw Team!
Looking for meaningful and ethical work? Do you want to contribute to a more vibrant local food system? Join our team! We would love for you to apply for any of our available positions listed below.
To learn more about our organization, please look over our website or take a peak at our strategic plan.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Summer Program Staff (Part-time seasonal)
We are excited to announce this new summer position for youth aged 15-30, thanks to a grant from Employment and Social Development Canada! This is fun, rewarding work organizing and working on gardens and projects that are all about food security on the Sunshine Coast. Skills gained will be unique and important in this changing time, where the world is focusing more on local food production. The successful applicant will learn from knowledgeable mentors about the food business and food distribution, growing a market garden, permaculture methods to increase local food production, marketing/promotions/social media, and help to coordinate roles, tasks, and volunteers to meet project and production deadlines.
You will work to help oversee programs including:
- Tiny Farm Community Garden in Roberts Creek (hands-on food production work including soil amendments, garden bed creation, growing, weeding, harvesting, packing food bins, transporting food bins for home delivery)
- Ocean Vegetables Community Garden in Sechelt (planting and maintenance of garden, assisting in work session planning, working with volunteers, designing signs)
- Educational Programs (help with overall ideas, curriculum, organization and promotion of workshops and learning events)
- Admin Support (help with social media, Mailchimp, other online and print media, surveys, record-keeping, and other duties as required)
- Open to applicants aged 15-30 (condition of the grant)
- Reliable transportation required to various worksites Gibsons, Roberts Creek, and Sechelt
- No specific qualifications are required, other than a genuine interest!
Please email your letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com