Become a Member
Connect to Your Community
Our members are the heart of One Straw.
Through the hard work of our community, we’re able to deliver programming, events, and workshops all over the Lower Coast.
By joining as a member, you help the community help you and get awesome perks. Not to mention make cool new friends. We can’t wait to welcome you to the tribe!
What you invest
Memberships are valid from January to December. All proceeds go towards supporting our programs. In order to vote at our AGM in May, a member must be in good standing for 30 days prior.
Current membership rates:
Individual | 20$
Family | 30$
Business | 50$
What you get as a member
- Deluxe Landscaping: 10% discount on all plants
- Quality Garden & Pet: 10% discount on plant seedlings, seeds, and fruit & nut trees
- Sunshine Coast Nursery: 10% discount on plants and seeds, plus 5% discount on soil & fertilizer
- Salish Soils: 10% discount on soils (compost and garden mixes), mulch, and cedar chips
- Industrial-grade food preservation tools via our Tool Lending Library
- Connect to knowledgeable community members via our Forum
To get discounts, just show your membership card to the cashier.
More than just the perks, by joining us you’re being the change you want to see in the world.
You’re helping to:
- Support healthy natural resource management on the Sunshine Coast
- Empower the growth of sustainable agriculture
- Encourage ecological stewardship of farm lands, fisheries, forests, and watersheds
- Grow a healthy local economy
- Foster open communication, capacity building, and participation within the community
What better way to thank this beautiful place you call home?
Please see our Membership Guide for full details of what a One Straw Membership entails!